Monday, September 12, 2011

Possible Ideas

The unfinished mouse hunt

The strongest idea that I think me and Ray came up with was "The Unfinished Mouse Hunt" or any other project name we choose to give it...   any ways its a combination of The Unfinished Swan (check out youtube video if you haven't seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZoHjt3ENg)  and a "sonar" based cat and mouse game hunting game.  So in general the Hunter "cat" starts out as all black in a white world.  The "mice" start as all white and try to avoid the "cat".  The Hunter's goal is to shoot out the black orbs of paint like in unfinished swan and paint the other players running around.  Once the mice get covered to a overwhelming amount they become Hunters as well.  I think we were thinking a maximum of 1 hunter and 4 hunted. might want to limit it more.

typo

This is Ray's idea and I loved it.  Basically it is a 2d platformer.  The hook is everything is Text.  The ground will be made up of  the word "GROUND"  and if there is a hole that you have to jump it might say "gap"  if its a big whole it could be in all caps "GAP" or something like that.  We were thinking you could also walk up to a gap then type "Bridge"  and then walk across the word "BRIDGE" that now goes across the "GAP".  Maybe you would have to finish incomplete words.  This is a favorite idea of mine, but I am not sure we could do the idea justice in our allotted time.

I know Ted expressed an interest in doing a fighting game.  The key to a good fighting game is balancing out the attack animations. With our team composing of 2 programmers, 2 designers, and 1 artiest we felt that going down this route would put a lot of stress on Bob (you are the artiest right?)  I am not throwing the idea out of the window, I just feel it might be the wrong tree to bark up.

Other random ideas that I do not (and I think Ray agrees with me?) are not the best, but I will put them here in case it sparks some one else's mind.

2.5d platformer based around the usage of Star Fox's reflection shield.

"Slide slug" using the gels from portal 2 w/o the portals, just the gel

a puzzle game kinda like monkey ball combined with metroid's griping ball. physics heavy.

That is what I had.

Josh

1 comment:

  1. Josh summed it up pretty well here.

    Other ideas I had if the ones above don't spark anyone's interest include:

    A pacman esque game that uses the streets on real world maps to create the level layout

    A 3d platformer based on the work of this artist whose name I forgot but he paints disaster scenes with animals that have human heads. This could be like an environmental game where the player can transform into different animal bodies to save the world.

    A racing game ala Mario Kart or Twisted Metal where the player(s) drive spy cars equipped with guns, missiles, etc. and they try to sabotage each other to win the race while at the same time dealing with obstacles on the road like turrets or barriers rising up on the track.

    I know it will have its own set of difficulties, but I agree with Josh that the cat and mouse game might be the best. Anyway we can all talk about it in the morning.

    ReplyDelete